Cyber Attack: Digital Art and Activism
In the last decade, technological innovations have expanded aesthetics and modes of representation in art, communication, and discourse formats worldwide. These technologies have not only changed the behavior of audiences, but also allow artists to interact with their audiences more directly and internationally, and to network with other actors despite big distances.
The current precarious world situation makes these innovations and their possibilities even more important. Artistic productions are permanently threatened, public gatherings restricted, new forms of surveillance possible, many actors forced to flee or migrate. Decimated and dispersed creative communities are left behind, facing an information war that can put an end to their freedom of speech at any moment and leave any actor isolated - with a constant feeling of insecurity that is strikingly different from the one at the beginning of our century.
- 18:30 Discussion and presentation: The history of the avant-garde and contemporary disruptive technologies. With Arseniy Zhilyaev, Joshua Citarella and Egor Kraft, moderated by Lev Manovich.
- 20:00 Discussion: Intervention, Resistance, Digital Art and Activism. With Chico MacMurtrie, Luise Kaunert, Ellina Genadievna and Irina Konyukhova, moderated by Allen Feldman.
- 21:30 Discussion and presentation: Digital Nomadism and Virtual Production. With Anna Evtyugina, Nikita Shokhov, Georgy Molodtsov and Team Rolfes,
moderated by Anna Shvets
- 20:45 Discussion and presentation: Identities and Activism. With LaJuné McMillan, Anna Shvets and Oleg Nikolaenko, moderated by Alina Mikhaleva.
- 22:15 Discussion and presentation: Blockchain technology and NFTs: the new art market, its history, misunderstandings and opportunities. With Christiane Paul, Olga Dvoretskaya and Vladimir Storm, moderated by René Pinnell.
- 18:30 Keynote: Lev Manovich. Lev Manovich is one of the most important theorists on technology and cultural production; the freedom-promoting and individually usable potentials of new technologies are at the centre of his interest. In his keynote, he will give a history of technology from the Cold War to the present day.
- 20:15 Discussion and presentation: XR technology and new directions in physical performance and media. With AES+F and Theo Triantafyllidis, moderated by Ulrich Schrauth.
- 22:00 VR performances and discussion in a navigable 3D environment: art, media and social justice in the metaverse. With Tosca Terán, Oksana Syhareva and Alina Mikhaleva, moderated by Georgy Molodtsov.
- 23:15 Closing concert Mycelia II